Book a Service Appointment
Your furnace keeps your family warm in the winter and prevents pipes from freezing. The last thing you want in the middle of a bitterly cold night is your furnace breaking down. Black Forest Plumbing technicians are trained and experienced in gas and electric furnace installation, maintenance and repair. We’re a locally owned and operated company serving homes and businesses in Newmarket, Aurora, East Gwilimbury and the GTA.
Contact us today to learn more about replacing your furnace or new home furnace installation.
Things to Consider When Choosing a New Furnace
Many factors are at play when buying a new electric or gas furnace:
- Comfort features. A single-stage furnace has basic on or off options. A two-stage furnace offers more control with high- and low-stage options, providing more consistent comfort. A modulating furnace offers the most precise temperature control.
- Humidity control. Humidity plays a vital role indoor air quality. You can partner your furnace with a whole-home humidifier to optimize humidity levels, so you feel warmer at cooler temperatures.
- Sound. If your furnace space is near a living area, consider one with an insulated cabinet to reduce noise. Moreover, two-stage and modulating units run more quietly than single-stage units.
- Energy efficiency. A furnace with the EnergyStar label uses between six and nine per cent less energy than other standard models. Home heating accounts for 61 per cent of your energy costs, so reducing your energy use with a high-efficiency furnace can save money in the long term.
5 Reasons to Replace or Upgrade Your Furnace
Is it time for a furnace upgrade in your home? Here are a few questions to consider.
- Is your furnace more than 18 years old? If so, it’s probably nearing the end of its life span.
- Has your furnace been acting up more often lately? Furnace repairs are a fact of life, but if you’re dealing with costly repairs every few months, it may be worth investing in a new model.
- Are your energy bills mounting year after year? Your furnace may be working harder to deliver the same amount of heat, and you might benefit from a new energy-efficient model.
- Are certain rooms cooler than others? It means your furnace is running inefficiently.
- Has your furnace gotten too noisy? Consider replacing it with a two-stage or modulating model.
Contact Black Forest Plumbing, and we’ll visit your home, examine your furnace and advise whether you should buy a new furnace or repair your current one.
Furnace Repair in the GTA
Here are some common gas furnace problems and repairs you may encounter:
- Faulty or unreliable thermostat
- Dirty or clogged furnace filter
- The pilot light keeps going out
- Cracked heat exchanger
- Broken fan belt
The home heating experts at Black Forest Plumbing are trained and experienced in any furnace problem.
Why Your Furnace Needs Regular Maintenance
Furnaces operate best with regular maintenance. Rather than waiting for a breakdown before calling a repair service, consider these benefits of regular maintenance:
- Reduced energy bills
- Fewer repairs and breakdowns
- Longer furnace lifespan
- Improved air quality
- Detection of safety issues such as carbon monoxide leaks
- Maintaining the validity of the manufacturer’s warranty
The technicians at Black Forest Plumbing are ready to thoroughly inspect your furnace and make any adjustments and repairs before your minor issues become costly problems.
Why Choose Black Forest Plumbing?
Here are just a few reasons to choose Black Forest Plumbing over our competitors:
- Emergency furnace repair. We’re on call 24/7 for any emergency home heating problem.
- Peace of mind. We have highly trained technicians certified for natural gas installation, and we can efficiently repair most furnace makes and models. Our labour and repairs come with a one-year warranty.
- Affordability. We offer competitive rates on all our installations and repairs. We also offer flexible monthly payments.
Furnace Maintenance Service in the GTA
At Black Forest Plumbing, we know your time and heating dollars are precious. We deliver top-quality furnace installation and repairs and strive for timely delivery so you don’t lose time waiting around. Contact us today to learn more about our furnace installation services for homes and businesses in the Greater Toronto Area.