10/08/2021 0 Comments
How to Choose the Right Toilet: 3 Factors to Consider
Do you need a new toilet for one of your bathrooms? If so, choosing the right one requires you to consider several factors. Here’s an overview of the three most important things to think about when purchasing a new toilet.
Not all toilets are designed the same way. Here’s an overview of the most common styles:
• Two-piece. These are the most common type of toilets on the market. They’re extremely cost-effective, easy to repair and known for their durability. The biggest downside is that they can be quite bulky, which may not be ideal if you have a small bathroom.
• One-piece. These toilers are smaller and sleeker than traditional two-piece models. In addition, since they don’t have any seams, one-piece toilets are easy to clean. However, they can be quite expensive.
• Wall-mounted. Modern and eye-catching, these toilets are best for small spaces because the tank is hidden inside the wall. However, they come with a high price tag since you’ll have to pay a professional to install the unit. Plus, making any repairs will require opening the wall.
The style of toilet you choose will depend on your preference, budget and available space.
Toilet seats can either be elongated or round. Elongated toilet seats provide more sitting room making them comfortable to use. They’re easy to clean and come in a variety of colour and material options.
Round toilet seats tend to be a more affordable option and suitable for smaller bathrooms since they take up less space. Consequently, they’re best for powder rooms or secondary bathrooms.
If you want to splurge, a soft-closing or heated toilet seat could be a nice upgrade.
Though you can still get a standard toilet flusher, here’s an overview of two energy-efficient options:
• High-efficiency toilets have a considerable amount of flushing power yet use 20 percent less water than standard toilets. In addition, they’re low maintenance and tend to break down less than standard toilets, saving you money on repairs.
• Dual-flush toilets have one flush setting for solid waste and another for liquid waste. This allows you to save water and money by using the appropriate flush every time you use the toilet.
If you want to save money on your water bill, investing in a toilet with advanced flushing technology is the way to go.
Professional toilet installation and repairs in the GTA
Black Forest Plumbing provides professional toilet installation services for both residential and commercial property owners across the Greater Toronto Area. Whether you’re outfitting a new build or renovating your existing space, our team of licensed plumbers can help you bring your bathroom renovation project to life. We provide a wide range of additional plumbing services, including appliance hook-ups, drain cleaning and more. Contact us for more information or to book a service call.